Adult flu clinics are being held at new locations in the borough this year.
- Slade Gardens – Stockwell Park Road, London, SW9 0AD (Use Lorn Road Entrance)
- Morley College – Adult and Community Learning Centre – Studley Road SW9 (behind Stockwell tube station)
Eligible patients (see list below) need to book an appointment via our Reception team.
Currently the following groups of people are eligible:
- All Over 65
- Pregnant Women
- Health and Social Care workers
- People living in residential care
- People living with someone who was on the Covid-19 Shielded List
- Carers of elderly or disabled people at high risk if they fell sick.
- People with Long Term health conditions – Diabetes, Asthma, COPD
From later in November the following will also become eligible subject to stock availability:
- All Over 50 to 64 year olds
Children aged 2 to 3 years will be given the nasal flu vaccine at the surgery.
Children 4 and older will be given the flu vaccination via their school.
The nasal spray flu vaccine is free on the NHS for:
- children aged 2 or 3 years on 31 August 2020 – born between 1 September 2016 and 31 August 2018
- all primary school children (reception to year 6)
- all year 7 in secondary school
- children aged 2 to 17 years with long-term health conditions
If your child is aged between 6 months and 2 years and is in a high-risk group for flu, they’ll be offered a flu vaccine injection instead of the nasal spray.
This is because the nasal spray is not licensed for children under 2 years.
Children aged 2 to 17 years may also have the flu vaccine injection if the nasal spray vaccine is not suitable for them.
Children’s vaccines at Stockwell Group Practice
Stockwell Group Practice is only licensed to administer nasal flu to children aged 2 to 3 years on 31 August 2020 (born between 1 September 2016 and 31 August 2018).
We are currently arranging our clinics and further information will be available here shortly.
Older children have to be vaccinated via the school. If a child has missed a school vaccination the letter below from NHS London provides contact details for providers across London who can help.